A 35-minute ride upriver takes you to Hacienda Concepcion, home to a remarkable Botanical Garden with over 200 different species of rainforest plants. An in-depth explanation familia rizes you with the processing, uses and benefits of these traditional indigenous plants, including fascinating native medicinal uses.
Next, take a 30-minute canoe trip on a small lake and watch for wildlife – turtles, giant river otters, sun grebes, nightjars and herons. The activity ends at Concepcion Educational Research Facility where exhibits, designed by the National Geographic Society, tell the story of the remarkable Madre de Dios region.
Itinerary in brief:
• Welcome to Puerto Maldonado and register at the Butterfly House
• Transfer to the boarding wharf
• After 45 minutes by boat, arrive at Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica
• Enjoy the Trail System adventure and the Twilight River excursion or the nature presentation at the Eco Center with available cocktails
• Dinner at the main dinning room
• Overnight • Breakfast starting at 5 a.m. until 10 a.m.
• Enjoy the excursion to Lake Sandoval and Inkaterra Canopy Walkway & Anaconda Walk
• Visit Inkaterra Butterfly House
• Fly to Lima or Cusco